WHAT TO EXPECT
WHAT SCULPTRA CAN DO
Sculptra gradually replaces collagen – for a youthful-looking, natural-looking appearance.
- Helps correct skin depressions, such as skin creases, wrinkles, folds and scars, and for skin aging.
- Suitable for large volume corrections of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy).
Sculptra treatment effects differ from person to person. Touch-up treatments may be needed to maintain the desired effect. Your doctor will discuss the right treatment plan based on your needs.
To help ensure safe use and obtain optimal results, it is important that you comply with the aftercare instructions provided by your doctor. Here are 4 simple things to do after each session:
1 HAVE AN ICE PACK READY
- Apply an ice pack (wrapped in a clean cloth) to the treated area every once in a while after treatment to minimize swelling and/or bruising. Avoid direct contact of the ice with the skin.
2 GIVE YOURSELF FACIAL MASSAGES
- Thoroughly massage the treated area in a circular fashion for 5 minutes, 5X/day for 5 days after each treatment.
- This helps to evenly distribute Sculptra and promote a natural-looking correction.
3 AVOID EXCESS SUNLIGHT AND UV EXPOSURE
- Minimize exposure of the treated area to excessive sun and avoid ultraviolet lamp exposure until any initial swelling and redness have disappeared.
4 CAREFULLY CONSIDER OTHER PROCEDURES
- If you have laser treatment, chemical peeling or any other skin procedure based on active dermal response after treatment, there is a possible risk of eliciting an inflammatory reaction at the implant site.
- This also applies if Sculptra is administered before the skin has healed completely after these procedures.