To help ensure safe use and obtain optimal results, it is important that you comply with the aftercare instructions provided by your doctor. Here are 4 simple things to do after each session:
- Apply an ice pack (wrapped in a clean cloth) to the treated area every once in a while after treatment to minimize swelling and/or bruising. Avoid direct contact of the ice with the skin.
|2 || GIVE YOURSELF FACIAL MASSAGES|
- Thoroughly massage the treated area in a circular fashion for 5 minutes, 5x/day for 5 days after each treatment.
- This helps to evenly distribute Sculptra and promote a natural-looking correction.
|3 || AVOID EXCESS SUNLIGHT AND UV EXPOSURE|
- Minimize exposure of the treated area to excessive sun and avoid ultraviolet lamp exposure until any initial swelling and redness have disappeared.
|4 || CAREFULLY CONSIDER OTHER PROCEDURES|
- If you have laser treatment, chemical peeling or any other skin procedure based on active dermal response after treatment, there is a possible risk of eliciting an inflammatory reaction at the implant site.
- This also applies if Sculptra is administered before the skin has healed completely after these procedures.